Street art contest opens
The SEiSMiC project, together with the collaborative mapping project Mappina, announce an open-invitation contest for photography of street art.
Contest entries can be painted images or graffiti, but other forms are welcome as well, including "posters, stencils, stickers, knitting, road signs and other forms that tell us the hidden stories of cities: of conflict, neglect and oblivion, of visions of the future."
Submissions should be sent by email as well as entered on Mappina's online map where they will be permanently displayed and located with geo coordinates.
Winning entries will be displayed at SEiSMiC's final conference this October as well as at the the 2017 Public Space Biennale in Rome. Prizes will include drawings and prints of works by famous street artists.
Organisers also intend to compile several of the entries in a book to be circulated at the final SEiSMiC event.
Directions for "mapping" your image
- Go to the website http://www.mappi-na.it.
- Find Login/Insert in the menu and sign up according to the instructions.
- Once logged in your username will appear.
- Select “insert” and type in an image title and location of the original artwork (i.e. Via dei Tribulani, Napoli). Click “search” and, once visualised with the map pointer, you can pinpoint the exact spot.
- Describe the image(s) if you’d like – this step is optional.
- Choose the “Street Art and Wall Culture” subcategory from the map of PLACES
- Insert a tag: “mapping street art” (you will find it in the dropdown list)
- Load the image (we suggest saving the image in a web format such as JPEG, web-quality resolution is fine)
Directions for having image evaluated
To have the image evaluated and printed you must send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. It should be in JPEG format with the longer edge at least 2500 pixels in length and with a resolution of 300 dpi. If the photo is taken with a cell phone, it should have HD resolution. The image files need to be named as follows: “lastname_firstname_title.jpeg” or, if you choose not to share your name, you can name it “username title”.
Deadline for entry
September 10, 2016
Announcement of winners
By October 1st 2016.
Detailed contest rules and instructions